Monday, November 8, 2010

Apple Crisp

This is a fantastic winter/fall treat, and super easy.  I had 4 granny smiths left from my last basket that needed to be used, and I had gotten the fuji apples this week, so I figured it was the perfect time to make some apple crisp.  Great served warm with a bit of ice cream or whipped cream on top.  I hope you like it as much as me!  (this recipe is never really the same every time I make it, but it pretty much turns out well every time.)

Apple Crisp

6-8 small apples, (I like granny smiths, but any should do) peeled and sliced
1 c flour
1 c rolled oats
1 stick of butter
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 tsp nutmeg, divided in half
1 tsp allspice, divided
1/2 c apple juice
whipping cream or ice cream for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine apples in a large mixing bowl with half of each spice, a tbsp of flour, and the apple juice.  Place sliced apples in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.  Using a fork or pastry blender, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, and other half of spices til crumbly.  Top apples with crumble, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.  Whip the whipping cream with a tsp of vanilla and some cinnamon sugar.  Serve crisp warm with some whipped cream or ice cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment