Sunday, July 11, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pizza

Alright, so I have posted a couple of recipes for pizza dough, but I haven't posted this recipe for pizza.  Jeff and I like to try different toppings on our pizza, and because we don't have any kids yet, we can get away with a lot of more adult flavors (rather than cheese and pepperoni only).   We tried this recipe out and then tried it for his parents and his family loved it!  I enjoy it a lot as well, and I hope you will too!

1 recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (makes 2 pizzas)
1 container spinach artichoke dip (I like to use the stuff that is meant to be warmed, you can find it at Costco or Sam's Club, and it's usually in the refrigerated section)
1 small can of artichoke hearts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 chicken breast, cut into small bite sized strips
olive oil, salt and pepper
about a lb (16 oz) of mozzarella cheese, shredded

Once dough has risen and you have punched it down, stretch it out to about a 12 inch round.  I like a thicker crust, so I kind of make a bit of ridge at the edges.  Bake this dough for about 8-10 minutes, at 400 degrees. Top with dip, and spread to cover the crust, then add artichoke hearts, 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds delicious! Andrew and I love to put spinach on our pizza!

    ReplyDelete