Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mango Banana Orange Smoothies



This sounds like a simple enough thing to make, and in truth, it really is.  I got some mangoes and oranges in my bountiful basket, and as usual, I have a load of bananas in the freezer since we never seem to use them all up and we get them every time we get a new basket.  So here we are, with the ingredients of a really tasty smoothie, and in need of breakfast in the morning.  Seems to me we should take advantage of the situation.

Mango Banana Orange Smoothies

3 Ataulfo mangoes (that's what I had on hand, but you can use regular mangoes too, if you like)
2 frozen bananas
3 oranges
1 c milk

Peel and dice mangoes. Peel and quarter oranges.  If you didn't remove the peels from the bananas prior to freezing them (which I completely recommend because it makes things easier all around), peel them and break them in half.

Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.   Makes 4 servings.

*I realize I had some fresh bananas on the counter, but I decided rather than using ice to make the smoothie cold, I would use frozen bananas, so the whole thing would be fruit and milk and therefore get more nutrition out of it.  You can use fresh bananas, but in that case you may choose to use ice as well to chill the smoothie.

1 comment: