Monday, July 16, 2012

Green Salad with Asian Flare

Tonight I was in the mood for some Asian flavor. Sometimes when I make a salad of this nature I will cook some potstickers and toss them in with it, but this time I decided to serve it with some Hake fish on the side. I panko breaded and pan-fried the fish, and then served it along side the salad.  It was light and fresh and very tasty.  I did make the dressing myself this time and I think it turned out well.



Green Salad with Asian Flare

1 head romaine lettuce
1 cup loosely packed spinach
1 avocado diced fine
1/2 c grape tomatoes
1 tbsp lemon juice (to keep avocado from browning)

1/4 c rice vinegar
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
pinch ground ginger
pinch granulated garlic
dash cayenne pepper

Whisk together dressing ingredients, then pour it over salad ingredients.  Serve with your favorite protein or toss in some pan fried potstickers with it.  Because there isn't protein in the salad, you might want to add some grilled chicken or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment