Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Salads: Pasta Salad

Everyone seems to have a different recipe for pasta salad and this one is just another variation of the idea.  As mentioned before the beauty of salads is you can tailor them to your likes and dislikes.  I am kind of playing around with this one still because while I like pasta salad, it's not always been my favorite.  So I am messing with the ingredients and trying different combinations to see what I like best.  Here's last week's variation.

Pasta Salad

1 lb of your favorite shape of pasta (the short cut kind of course) I used whole wheat rotini
1 c halved grape tomatoes
1/2 c chopped basil
1/2 c feta cheese
1/4 c black olives, halved or quartered
1/4 c quartered artichoke heart quarters (in water, not marinated)
1/4 c roasted red pepper strips

Dressing

1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1/4 c olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
salt
oregano

Whisk together dressing ingredients.  Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.  Refrigerate overnight, or at least 2 hours.  Best the next day so the flavors can come together better.  Serve cold or room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment