Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Salads: Green Side Salad

So tonight we used up leftover spaghetti sauce with some pasta and I made a green salad to go with it.  Nothing too fancy since the sauce had ground beef in it, not really a major need for protein, just some light veggies to round out the meal.  Here's what I came up with.

Green Side Salad

1 head romaine lettuce (I should clarify, I used the skinny romaine hearts I bought at Costco in the 5 pack)
1 beefsteak tomato, diced
1/2 cucumber, peeled, quartered, and diced
croutons
3 tbsp soft goat cheese, crumbled

Dressing

1 pkt Italian dressing mix
1/8 c water
1/3 c balsamic vinegar
1/2 c olive oil

In a salad dressing mixer (or in a bowl with a whisk) shake up the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.

Chop the lettuce into 1/4 to 1/2 inch strips. Place in bowl with tomato, cucumber, croutons, and goat cheese.  Toss dressing with salad and serve along side your dinner entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment