Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo Calls for Tacos!

So I know this is a simple thing and not really much of a recipe, but I thought I would post it anyway.  I posted the shredded beef tacos in the past here.  But here is the cheater version made with hamburger meat.  Jeff and I will do this when we don't have a roast to cook, and we want tacos anyway.   They taste great and we usually have some ground beef on hand.  I hope you enjoy.

Ground Beef Tacos

1 lb ground beef
3 tbsp taco seasoning
1/2 c water
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can corn, drained
2 c cooked white rice
2 tortillas per serving
Sour Cream, Salsa, Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes

Brown and break up ground beef in skillet, and then add seasoning and water and stir to coat meat.  Simmer over high heat for about 10 minutes, then add beans and corn.  Continue to cook.    Heat tortillas in a different skillet til they are still soft but slightly crispy on the outside.  Layer tacos with rice, meat and toppings.  Enjoy!

1 comment: