Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Marinated Broiled Pork Chops with Curry Spiced Oven Fries



Alright, I will be honest, lately I haven't been cooking a lot.  We have been very busy because my husband Jeff graduated with his Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree on Saturday (yes, I am bragging, its a big deal for us!).  Most of the nights last week I haven't had to cook because we have had a lot of potluck dinners and celebrations.  My husband has been cooking the last couple nights, and now it came to my turn.  We had pork chops tonight, and they were pretty tasty.  We're trying to eat out of the freezer as much as possible because we are moving in a couple weeks.  So this is something quick I came up with from the pork chops we had defrosted.  I include the oven fries recipe as well as how I boil my corn --my mom taught me, and it turns out perfect every time! Maybe this will make up for lost time.

Marinated Pork Chops with Roasted Garlic paste

3 bone in pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick), defrosted
1/3 c Virginia Brand Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette dressing (yep, the same stuff as for the pasta salad)
5 cloves garlic
1 tbsp dried rosemary
salt
olive oil

I store my meats in freezer ziplock bags, so I just added the dressing to the chops into the bag and mashed the bag til all the meat was coated.  You can use a bowl, but I find the meat gets more evenly coated if you do it in the bag. Set that aside for about 20 minutes.  Probably would be even better if you did it the night before.  While that marinates, smash cloves of garlic with the side of a large, sharp knife.  Mince it after smashing and then add salt and rosemary and keep mincing til paste-like.  In a roasting pan, drizzle some olive oil, and then place marinated meat into pan.  Top chops with garlic paste, and place in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Curried Oven Fries

5-6 medium potatoes, sliced or wedged into about 8 pieces per potato
2 tbsp olive oil
seasoning salt, curry powder

After washing and slicing potatoes, toss in a large bowl with oil and seasoning.  Place evenly on a cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Should be browned on the outside and slightly crispy.

For the corn, fill a large pot with water and bring to boil.   Once water boils, add corn and set timer for 5 minutes, then remove from water.  Will still be crisp, and have good texture, and be very sweet.  I like to just add butter and salt and pepper.  Perfect!

2 comments:

  1. There is an award for you on my blog! :) I hope you give it to someone else now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! how do I get the picture so I can share?

    ReplyDelete