Sunday, January 24, 2010

Craisin Cookies

So I wanted to make cookies today, and I decided to see if I could add Craisins to them--I LOVE those dried cranberries! So I looked on the bag of Craisins and found a recipe for oatmeal craisin cookies, and I tried them. I did twist them a bit--changed them to regular chocolate, and we added pistachios (which I don't reccomend, try almonds instead). Here is the recipe, see if you like them as well as I do.

White Chocolate Oatmeal Craisin Cookies

1 stick and 2 tbsp butter, softened
2/3 c brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 1/2 c oatmeal
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 to 3/4 c dried cranberries
1 c milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
1/4 c nuts of your choice, chopped. I recommend almonds

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add oatmeal, and then flour, and then baking soda and salt, scraping between additions and beating well. Add craisins and nuts, and carefully stir in on low setting in mixer. Spoon out onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for ten minutes. Set on cooling rack, and let cool for about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment