Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cheesecake, a delicious low carb treat!

This one is from Lion House again, and I have to give credit where credit is due. I do modify it just a little by using Splenda instead of sugar, and I don't add sugar to the graham cracker crust, and I dont usually do the topping. So I will post the actual cheesecake recipe and then add the other stuff as optional.

Lion House Cheesecake

Crust
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs (about 8 graham crackers)
3 tbsp sugar (optional)
6 tbsp butter, melted

Filling
3- 8 oz pkgs softened cream cheese
1 c sugar or Splenda
3 eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla

Topping (optional)
1 pt sour cream
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a large heavy duty ziplock bag, roll graham crackers to a fine crumb. Add butter, and sugar (if desired). Mash bag til combined well. Press into 10 inch deep dish spring form pan.

Preheat oven to 300. In a large bowl or in a mixer. Blend cream cheese well, and then add sugar/Splenda, and then eggs, one at a time. Blend well, then add vanilla. Scrape sides of bowl and blend again. Pour into crust and bake for 55-60 minutes. Prepare topping, if desired, while cheesecake is baking.

For topping, blend sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour over baked cheesecake, and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Picture is actually a variation of this recipe...I swirled Nutella into the cheesecake before baking.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, there goes my pants button! No, this recipe looks terrific and with so much less fat than a lot of others that I usually pick up!

    ReplyDelete