Monday, October 25, 2010

Bountiful Basket Menu, Week One

Alright, so I have come up with a menu for the week.  I am using what I can out of the Bountiful Basket and also some of the things I planned to make last week but need to use up because things were crazy last week.  So here we go....

Monday: Roasted Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Parsnips

Tuesday: Swedish Meatballs with Red Potatoes and Lingonberry Preserves

Wednesday: Scones with tomatoes from the garden (might make Caprese salad to go with this)
Thursday: Shredded Beef Tacos with Pineapple Salsa

Friday: Chicken and Dumplings

Saturday: Potato Leek Soup

So I will be posting the recipes I haven't already posted previously on here as we go through the week.  I think I will also use the apples and pears for some sort of crisp or tart.  I'll let you know.  :)

Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are carrying forward with this idea! To be sure, after we first talked about it I wasn't sure what you were going to do. And after hearing everyone talk about the Baskets for so long, it's been killing me that we can't afford them just yet. So thanks for letting me live vicariously through you! Can't wait to see the recipes for the weeks menu you outlined!!!!! It's a good think I have someone in the kitchen cooking right now, or we'd really be in trouble! ;)

    ReplyDelete