Saturday, October 30, 2010

Homemade Chex Mix



For some reason Chex mix always reminds me of Fall, and I love it as a snack.  Homemade is so much better than the stuff you can get at the store, and its so easy to make!  I just picked whatever stuff I wanted to mix, along with Chex of course, and mixed it with the seasoning stuff they recommend.   Here is my recipe, try some of your own!

Homemade Chex Mix

1/2 stick of butter
4 tsp worchestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
3 c rice chex
3 c corn chex
3 c wheat chex
1 1/2 c cashews
1 c white cheddar cheese-it crackers
1 c regular cheese-it crackers
1 c pretzels

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Melt butter and then add worchestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, and salt.  Mix well with a fork or whisk.   In a large bowl combine and toss together cereal, crackers, nuts, and pretzels.  Pour butter mixture over cereal mix, and toss together with hands.  Spread on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper, and bake for one hour, gently stirring every 15 minutes.  Let cool, and then store in an airtight container or large ziplock bag.

5 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty! I must make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait-this is your cousin Joelle? I somehow found this on facebook and look occasionally here! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I am Joelle's cousin. :) Glad you stopped in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Im pretty sure I met you when you came to Rexburg a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very possible. I have visited a few times. :)

    ReplyDelete