Friday, October 29, 2010

Pineapple and Tomato Salsa



This was a way for us to use up the tomatoes from the garden and use the pineapple I got in my Bountiful Basket.  I was going to have it ready yesterday for the shredded beef tacos I planned to make, but last night we had leftovers instead.  So now we have the salsa made, and I plan to make the tacos either next week, or on Sunday night for Halloween.  I love the sweetness pineapple adds to salsa to balance the spicy of the peppery cilantro and the jalapeño.  I hope you find this as good as I do.

Pineapple Salsa

15 cups quartered tomatoes, any kind
2 c chopped pineapple
1 bunch cilantro
1 onion
5 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, and finely chopped

Put all of the ingredients together in either a food processor or a blender (you might need to do this in batches).  Pulse til combined and chunks are broken down.  Pour into jars and refrigerate til ready for use.  Great on corn chips, tacos, burritos, carne asada, and whatever else you enjoy with your salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment