Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pineapple Teryaki Chicken and Rice.

This one is another Crock Pot creation of mine. Kind of a cooking experiment that turned out really good. Probably isn't one of my low-carb options, but very tasty. I love it too, because I can toss everything in the Crock Pot and its done for me later. All I have to do is start the rice cooker. I have taken it to friends for dinner, and we like it at home. You can use it for wraps or Asian style "tacos" too.

Pineapple Chicken Teryaki

4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can crushed pineapple
1/4 c Teryaki sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
2 tbsp soy sauce

Put all ingredients in crock pot on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. When done, shred chicken. Serve over steamed rice and veggies.

Over-used Recipes Swap

3 comments:

  1. uh yum. I'm making this one tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a large or small can of pineapple?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its a larger can. You can use a smaller one if you like, the pineapple is just there to add sweetness and a bit of tartness. I believe though the can is 29 oz. definitely not as small as 15 oz.

    ReplyDelete