Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cod Parmesan

Okay, I know it sounds weird, because usually its chicken parmesan or eggplant parmesan.  Jeff and I have been trying to incorporate fish into our diet so we get the good fats and fish oil.  So I am finding new ways to serve it besides frying it--thus undoing the healthiness of it.  Today I had an idea to cook it like chicken parm and the way I did it didn't work out the way I planned.  Tasted good, but needed to be more crispy.  I served it with gnocci, and it was good, but definitely would be better if done slightly differently.  The ingredients are the same, but rather than baking it, I would "saute" it in a bit of olive oil.

Cod Parmesan

2 cod fillets (medium size)
2/3 c breadcrumb
1/3 c parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
2-3 tbsp olive oil

Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together.  Dip cod fillets into egg, and then dredge cod in breadcrumbs til evenly coated.  If you like extra crispy, you can double dredge.  Fry/saute in the oil over medium heat til crispy and cooked through.  You'll need to flip over half way through the cooking process.  Should only take about 4 minutes per side.  Serve with your choice of pasta, or with rice and any kind of veggie you like.

Sorry I don't have a picture this time, It looked ugly because I baked it and the crust came off the fish.  Definitely cook it in a skillet--the oven didn't work.

4 comments:

  1. Well, hon, I'll give you this: you are definitely proving unafraid of new ideas...

    Good luck with the whole fish thing, all I can say is better you than me! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Rach. We both like fish and we aren't allergic like you. I just need some different recipes. So it doesn't taste the same every time I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking some cream and sugar/splenda would bring out the flavor more. Also I'm thinking that canned coconut is a no no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband is a doofus and posted his comment on the wrong post. lets all make fun of him...just kidding.

    ReplyDelete