Thursday, April 1, 2010

Homemade Ice Cream, Part 2

Part 2 is Peach Ice Cream.  Jeff likes his peaches pureed, but I like them in chunks, both will work fine.  I love this one, and it's usually a tradition in September because Jeff grew up in Brigham City, where they are known for peaches...and they have PEACH DAYS!  And my mother in law has a peach tree in her backyard with the best peaches I have ever had.  So...now I am rambling.  Enjoy!

Peach Ice Cream

5 peaches, peeled and either sliced or diced (or pureed if you're like my husband and you don't like chunks)
4 eggs
2 1/2 c sugar
2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 c cream
(or 1 quart half and half--it's the same as 2 c milk and 2 c cream)

Whisk eggs and sugar together til light yellow in color.  Whisk in milk and cream and vanilla, then stir in peaches and pour into ice cream maker.  Makes 1 gallon.  Freeze again after taking out of ice cream maker to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment