Friday, April 16, 2010

Crispy Chicken ala Miri!

So my fabulous friend Miri, who has been featured before, for her super delicious mushroom risotto, posted this recipe for crispy chicken the other day and it looked so good I had to ask if I could post it.   I love it when my friends share!  I would make it myself one of these days but I currently have no chicken in the freezer (I know, weird, but we ran out!).  I will have to try it soon after getting some chicken, and when I do, I will get some pictures posted.

Crispy Chicken

2 chicken breasts, pounded thin and sliced into strips
1/2 c flour
1 egg
1 tbsp mustard (I would use honey mustard, but that's just me)
1 1/2 c panko breadcrumb
pinch each of paprika, cayenne, and dry mustard powder

Toast Panko with a tablespoon of oil or melted butter, in a pan over low heat on the stove.  Toss panko with spices. Beat egg with a bit of water and the mustard.  Pat chicken dry, and then dip in flour, then egg mixture, then panko spice mixture.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip to other side, then bake another 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment