Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Honey Balsamic Sauce

This is actually a recipe I snatched when I went to visit a place called Cox Honeyland (Logan friends--go check it out), which is located on the highway that leads into my little town in Cache Valley.  I bought a HUGE-MUNGOUS container of pomegranate infused local honey (which my husband and I absolutely love to spread on toast) and it came with a free recipe...I thought I would try it.  We loved it, and I hope you all enjoy it too!

Pork Tenderloin with Honey Balsamic Sauce

2 pork tenderloins, washed and patted dry
1/4 c paprika
1/4 c salt
1/4 c black pepper (I would reduce this, its pretty strong!)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp ground chipotle pepper (I actually used about a half tsp of cayenne because I couldn't find chipotle in my grocery store, turned out fine, but chipotle has a smokier flavor.)

Sauce/Glaze
1/3 c seedless raspberry jam
1/3 c dijon mustard
1/3 c balsamic vinegar (I used the pomegranate kind)
1/3 c raspberry honey (again, I used the pomegranate because that's what I had)

Blend together spices to create a rub for the meat.   Apply half of the rub to each tenderloin, coating well.  Let rest for an hour til meat comes to room temperature.  Grill tenderloins ten minutes per side on a BBQ grill at medium high heat.  While tenderloins are cooking, combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over medium high heat until it just barely begins to simmer and ingredients are smooth and combined well.  Remove from heat.  When tenderloins are done grilling, slice into 1/4" to 1/2" slices, and fan out on plate.  Spoon glaze over top of meat.

Serve with your favorite vegetable or salad and I would recommend potatoes.   We made fries.  It was delicious!

Very peppery...be careful if you have picky eaters or those that don't like a bit of heat.  Personally, next time I think I would reduce the pepper by half.

No comments:

Post a Comment