Monday, March 22, 2010

and We're back.

Okay, so Spring Break for us is now over and I guess I kind of fell off the wagon last week while my husband was off school.   But I now have a renewed desire to cook and post recipes, so I hope the break was worth it.  This first recipe is from last Saturday when I hosted a Scentsy party.  I wanted to have some treats for my friends to munch on while they were testing different scented wax, and I thought this would be a good way to take care of that, and use up the rest of the dried cranberries in my pantry.

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 c Splenda
1 c butter (2 sticks)
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 c oatmeal
1 c dried cranberries
12 oz white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together butter and sugars and Splenda.   Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.  Combine dry ingredients, except chips and cranberries together in separate bowl, and then add slowly to wet ingredients.  Add cranberries, stir on low mixer setting til combined, then add white chocolate chips, and just pulse mixer til combined, gently so you don't break up the chips.  Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes.  I made mine bigger, so they took more like 10 minutes, but smallish ones should take just the 8.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment