Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Best Flank Steak I have ever had.

I think this one came from my great grandma, and it is seriously the best kind of steak ever!  Too bad it's one of the most expensive steaks to buy at the store... When Mom makes this, it is gone in less than ten minutes, and she usually has to make 2 or 3 of them when we have guests.  Usually this is something she makes for special occasions, or when the steak is on sale.  But it is sooo tasty!

Flank Steak

1 flank or London broil steak
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tsp vinegar
3/4 c vegetable oil (but you can use olive oil if you want)
3 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 finely chopped scallion

In a large (gallon size) Ziplock bag, mix all marinade ingredients together.  Add steak and shake and mash bag with hands, and then place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours.  Grill steak 5 minutes per side, and slice thinly.  Can be served over salad, with potatoes or whatever you like.  Watch it disappear!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have a London Broil in my fridge, RIGHT NOW. It's like you read my mind. I'm going to try out your recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I am so glad I was able to help you out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete