Monday, March 1, 2010

In Honor of National PB Lover's Day...

I've decided to post a peanut butter recipe.   I personally LOVE peanut butter and would eat it right out of the jar.  Crunchy is my favorite, but I can tolerate the creamy (it's just stickier, and you need more milk to un-glue your mouth).   With these, you can use either creamy or crunchy, whatever you have in the cupboard.  I couldn't decide which I liked best, so I am settling on two.  Enjoy!

Recipe #1
Peanut Butter Frosting  (you may think it's weird, but it's fantastic on chocolate cake!  or brownies!)

2 sticks butter
1 c peanut butter of your choice
2-3 tbsp milk
3 c powdered sugar

Cream softened butter and peanut butter together with a mixer.  Add powdered sugar (a little at a time so you dont get the cloud of powdered sugar everywhere), and then milk, 1 tbsp at a time til you get the right consistency.  Spread over chocolate cake, brownies, or on a graham cracker, or anything you like for that matter!  I love this one!

Recipe #2
Peanut Butter Bars (this one is from my friend Ashli, and I hope she won't be mad at me sharing!)

1 stick butter
1/2 c sugar or 1/4 c Splenda and 1/4 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c oatmeal
1/3 c peanut butter

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
4 tbsp cocoa
3 c powdered sugar
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter, sugars, and peanut butter together.  Once combined well, add egg.   Mix dry ingredients together, then add to wet ingredients a little at a time til dough forms and all is used up.  Spread mixture into a prepared(spray with cooking spray, or butter the inside) 9x13 baking pan, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.  Once baked, spread a thin layer of peanut butter.  Frost it with chocolate frosting.

What's your favorite peanut butter recipe?  Share!

1 comment:

  1. Bill loves peanut butter frosting on homemade banana cake !!! Been a staple at our house for 37 years and counting, whenever I have really ripe bananas and he wants calories. Like you I am diabetic so don't eat much of it myself!

    ReplyDelete