Monday, March 8, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

So my mom used to make this for us when I was a kid, and I loved it.  She still makes it sometimes, but I don't get it as often because I don't live at home.  Maybe I will have to request it one of these times I visit.  It is still a favorite of mine, but for some reason I haven't made it in a long time.  I think I should make it this week if I remember.  You can serve it over rice or egg noodles, either way is really good.

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb ground beef
1 8 oz pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
1 pkt Lipton onion soup mix
1/2 c water
1 pint sour cream
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 pkg egg noodles, cooked, or 2 c cooked rice

Brown beef in skillet, and break into small pieces as you cook.  Add mushrooms towards the end and cook til tender.  Stir in soup mix and W. sauce, and add water.  Simmer til about half of the liquid is reduced.  Right before serving, stir in sour cream until combined.  Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment