Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cathy's Carne Asada

This comes from my mother in law, and the whole family loves it.  I must admit, my new addiction when we go out for Mexican food is to get the Carne Asada, with rice, black beans and lots of guacamole.  Though I have not made this one myself yet, I look forward to it whenever Cathy makes it for the family, and eventually I will be able to afford flank steak and make it myself!  Thanks for sharing, Cathy!

Carne Asada

1- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
1/2 c cooking oil
1/3 c soy sauce
1/4 c red wine vinegar
2 tbsp lemon or lime juice (really good with lime)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients in gallon size Ziplock bag.  Add steak and marinate over night, or at least 2 hours.  Grill on BBQ 5 minutes per side, slice thin.  Serve with your favorite Mexican foods: rice, beans, tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment