Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eggrolls

I was told that we made this recipe already.  So we did.  BUT I GOT PICTURES!  This is a really good recipe because making spring rolls could be  a whole lot more involved.
Step 1
Coleslaw mix in a bowl.  Er… take it out of the bag.  Now there’s a side experiment I’m running I’m wondering if our sponsors robot will try to sell you the same products I mention in the blog like Dole Classic Coleslaw mix.  Yeah my wife blogs I experiment.
P3090078
Step 2 brown a pound of ground pork.
P3090081
put it in the coleslaw,  If you looked at the recipe from before you probably noticed here I haven’t done anything with the rice sticks.  I couldn’t find them at Walmart today.
P3090082
Now get yourself some eggroll wraps
P3090079
It’s important to put enough mix into the wrapper but not so much that it breaks.  Seriously if you get holes in the wrap especially big ones it will make a mess.
P3090083
get a glass of water, water will make the wraps stick to themselves.  Hey look at that sexy hand.  Hope you washed your hands.
P3090084Fold one grab one corner pull it nearly to the other.
P3090086



Fold the other two corners in and roll it up like a burrito.
P3090085

And stick them on a cookie sheet for later.



P3090090
Fry them,  my mom does this in the deep fryer.  I don’t like to clean my deep fryer so I did it in the wok.  Fill it with some vegetable oil and put it on high heat.  Thermodynamics is important here, the hotter your oil the less soggy these will get; greasy is bad.  If you get the oil too hot it will smoke or worse.  So here my lawyers make me point out Don’t put out grease fires with water.  This thing here with the chopsticks you don’t have to do that.  In fact if you aren’t good with chopsticks… Just don’t do this, if you drop an eggroll you’ll splatter boiling oil all over yourself.
We eat these with a sweet and sour sauce.  So now that you’ve gotten this far and forgot, have your wife in a sauce pan stir together
1/4 C chicken broth
4 t cornstarch
1/4 C Splenda (you can use sugar if you’re not diabetic)
1/4 C Vinegar
1 1/2 t coriander
1 t ginger
2 T ketchup
Eggrolls are really good as leftovers cold or hot.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds/looks awesome. I've got it on my list of things to make. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff why didn't you use your scale to measure the ground pork?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prows, I welcome you to bring extras to school anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I'm definitely going to be making this this week! :)

    ReplyDelete